Monday, September 17, 2007

The Day Before Japan Posted the Day After

So! Tomorrow morning I will be in Japan! Yikes we just had our first global studies test and it was HARD. I mean honestly had a studied for days I probably would feel the same way (so I’m glad I didn’t… hehe) but yeah, it was all realative to other events like … ah I can’t even remember now that it’s been a few hours because apparently I’m blocking it from my memory because it was horrible

So my first test, the macro test, I got back yesterday, 150 out of 150!! I’m a genius, in short really I guess that’s all there is to say on it, except that as in typical emily fashion there was a bonus question that I got, and I got one of the questions marked wrong but really I think it ought to be right so I’m going to talk about it when I get back from Japan. Haha uh really there isn’t much for brag about as I basically took this class in 11th grade but… who’s keeping track. Plus I need a cheer up after my global studies test – we have 4 each is 25% of the grade, blah.

Japan tomorrow! We know what we’re doing I can’t wait to report it all back in 5 days! Then it’s two days in class, 6 in china and hong kong, 2 days in class, 5 in port 2 in class 5 in port, ah! It’s very exciting, and in between I have sea tv stuff, I’m going to have my own little show “fact of fiction” that I’m going to talk about rumors going on in the ship – I’m filming my first tonight, right now I’m making a little intro for myself by pasting myself into some pictures from around the world, and Brett’s going to help me like.. put it to music, I think I’m going to use the super Mario brothers theme, hahaha. I’m hoping it will be hilarious and not really stupid. Haha but there is a ton coming up and yeah, awesome, I can’t wait!

We arrived in Japan and have no internet on the ship and are waiting to disembark, it looks crazy out there! very exciting, but it’s raining.

So I’m back now! In China in 2 days! And it was awesome and I will write all about it detailedly but first will post this because it will never be read if I don’t, also I wanted to say that… oh the global studies test was really hard, our grades were posted, and I had Macro again today and we did learn about a more global view of economics then I ever have before so it will not just be a repeat easy class, in case you were thinking I had it easy, also today my philosophy teacher told me I was wrong (honestly can they do that? I should have dropped that stupid class but thought the prof was too nice, wrong decision!), but I guess it’s all fine because I don’t have to see him for like…. 7 more days. Ooookkkayy I’ll get on Japan now!

Oh but also, I can’t remember if I told you all that I was so awesome and not getting sick at all, until just before Japan everything got really rocky and now… NOW, well, lets just say that today I went and bought sea motion medicine for the first time, I am not immune, I have been feeling very very sick, but I’m not going to take any drugs for it, I got these bracelets you wear that apply a small amount of pressure to this spot on your wrist.

Also I want to say that I was sorry not to have the chance to have bought a calling card in Japan because I didn’t get to call anyone and not even my mom! Who I had told that I would, so Mom I’ll call you as soon as I can and may even buy a ship card. Because I spent way too much money in Japan and I DO NOT deserve any Christmas presents from you, ok ? I’ll just wrap up the things I have and will buy and can open those for Christmas. Ok so now I will talk about Japan because the learning that I do in the countries is what I am after all here studying abroad for and not so much the ship life and all that even though it’s a part of it. Haha uh I’m just rambling because it’s going to be so hard just a day later to recount the last 5.

Also my roommate is like deathly ill and I’m worried that I will become deathly ill especially because I have no typhoid or malaria medicine… mmm maybe all these kids are getting sick because they’re messing with so many prevention medications… and I alone will be healthy! Haha uh but I do think that I have a cold, I’ll have to seek out some orange juice. Ok, Japan: I will post tonight, hopefully with pictures.

No comments: