Thursday, September 6, 2007

Update

Soooo, I keep having a bunch of hilarious thoughts that as I have them I think to myself – remember that and put it in your blog, but then I forget them and don’t have time to write or the lab is too busy to hook up to the internet… but the point is I know there are a million hundred things I haven’t reported on but now they’re almost not important or else I don’t remember or it’s not funny to me now because by night time I’m always totally tired by like 10pm, but yeah I guess I’ll just report and see where that goes. I’ve been having a lot of fun but have been kind of sad because I’ve been really unhealthy. Life kind of centers around meals and getting to know people, so it’s been hard for me to go work out or I’ll miss something… but every day I’ve been trying to eat better or work out. So tomorrow’s another try! By the way I meant Labor day last time, not Memorial day, just seeing if you guys are paying attention.

So today I had lunch with the captain! I guess every day they randomly select people to eat with the man at this special fancy reserved table. It was interesting, he’s a funny british man, but now I know he’s a pretty awkward guy, been married to a few foreign women, 4 kids, ex wife just died, he got married 3 weeks ago… some honeymoon he’s on I guess – his wife isn’t on board.. but yeah it was a good time, he was nice and I asked some good questions and learned about life of a captain – I pictured a captain driving the ol’ boat, but captains don’t do that they manage all the finances, plan the most economic route, manage the whole ship, ah that’s cool. uhh they have lunch with random passengers everyday… haha that would suck.

Oh! Hey so I’m an Executive Producer of Sea TV!! it’s the only club I could get behind, the other kids are really good filmers and editors and speak in this computer jargon that’s 100 million times over my head, and we’ve had 2 meetings already and another 1 tomorrow and then they turn to me and they’re like… what do you want to do again? Haha but I guess it’s not really like that, I wouldn’t think I’m the weakest link? I’m the writer/organizer/idea/big picture person… haha uh I don’t know, but we’re hoping to have a teaser show out Monday, our first show Tuesday, and then Wednesday we’re in Japan! Oh also Friday we don’t have, like I will never live Friday the 8th 2007, it will not exist for me, that’s awesome. There are 5 of us producers, one is a horrible girl, one is a nice cool girl, two are nice and attractive boys, so that’s nice, especially since it is a very time consuming club.

Ooooohhh hey! So I yesterday I got what some could only call… really really REALLY sunburnt. I guess on my quest to look like chocolate I screwed up, buuuttt I applied aloe adequately and am planning on getting back on my mission tomorrow, I’m going to be sick tan… hahaha. seriously.

So everyone (almost everyone) is working REALLY hard on homework… ? I haven’t been. I hope I’ll be ok I think I will be, I mean school isn’t hard at school… I don’t think I’ll be blown away here… but it’s been hard for me to concentrate on readings when there are so many interesting things to learn, also I’ve already read a fiction book and am starting another one… though I really need to stop as I have my hard class tomorrow and then a test the next day.

My test is in my Global Econ class, by the way I think 3rd time must be a charm in Econ. Haha, I mean my teacher is really very funny, and a good at explainer, but in my other classes it was simple and I figured it out, but now 3rd time it all makes perfect sense. Haha.

Every night me and my friends Jackie and Christina (I need to figure out how to get some pictures on here) go up to the top deck and do this 8 minute abs video. It’s funny because people always walk by and it’s awkward and fun because it’s abs for 8 mins and easy.

Oh hey! For the first time in my life, brace yourself for this, I do not have enough T-shirts with me! I only brought like 4 and all people wear on the ship are T-shirts… haha, well I guess I’ll have to get some.. : ) there are some pretty cool SAS shirts. I think that if I make it through a few healthy days I’ll treat myself to one… also I’ve been having my hair completely natural! Haha which doesn’t matter to aannyyoonnee, but me, but hey.

So I’ve been scared because EVERYONE that I know is taking malaria pills, or typhoid medicine, and they’re like you don’t have anything?? You haven’t had a tetanus shot in 9 years??? You didn’t get Hep A???? Ahh! It’s been very stressful. I guess my mom just doesn’t love me to get me vaccinated properly. Haha it’s so hard being “grown up” supposed to do these things yourself, we have to fill out all our entry papers today and tomorrow (ourselves!), plan our own trips… I wish I had someone telling me the best way to go through Japan and everywhere I want to see… mmm this growing up business…

MMmm well, the other day I got sad because I accidentally burned through a ton of internet minutes not knowing I was signed in… and then this computer lady (who is partners with the field office lady(who always has a shirt on that has sparkles on it)!) yelled at me like I was stupid, she’s really mean. But yeah the ship is still really nice, forgot what I’ve said about it, there’s a piano lounge that people hang out in a lot, kids are always playing, it’s really good. My roommate is nice, a lot of times we go to bed laughing and laughing about something. She’s definitely nuts though, but yeah.

I’ve gotten used to this ship like… completely I think, today I saw that it was rocking back and forth a lot but I couldn’t even feel it! So that was awesome. It’s really nice being on this boat. I could go to school like this forever, though I would weigh a million pounds, and be broke, but it would be awesome. Wellll I’m going to go to bed because I’m a tired loser, but we get to retard our clocks again tonight so another hours sleep! Also it’s laundry day tomorrow! (they do our laundry for us, IT’S AWESOME!) but we have to fit it into this little tiny bag, but yeah. Will report back soon! <3

1 comment:

thebestjokever said...

Emily Basten. I miss you so much, I love your blog because you type the way you talk so I get a very emilyesque feeling while reading it.
No worries about shots or pills or anything of the like, you're toughining yourself up to remain a world traveler for the rest of your life, forget your "coddled contemporaries".
Take care, enjoy yourself, and please please post a picture or two soon!