Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Utah!

So my mother daughter trip to St. George Utah was probably the best spring break vacation I have ever been on. It was really different. We were at a destination spa which meant we ate really healthy really good food, and in the morning we went on a big hike or a bike ride and in the afternoon we did exercise classes like palaties and yoga and dance classes like ballet and hip hop and once we went horseback ridding and one night we went on a star walk and watched the sky come out one star at a time and though you relearn and reforget the stars every couple years this in particular was something I've never done before, it was beautiful. We spent one day at Zion National Park which was really awesome, we hiked to the top of a cliff called Angel's Landing - it was a really intense hike, and was actually more of a climb for the last .5 mile to the very top, but really worth it. It was great to spend a few days outdoors, even in Minnesota there was some snow so I got to go skiing one last time this year! Which I wasn't expecting, so that was great. The break went by fast, expecially our few days in Utah, so... short but sweet we had a great time starting to get in shape a bit and having a good time!

Here's one of our morning hikes! aw me and my mom. and I climbed up into a hole in a cliff, and there are a lot of petroglyphs in the area so we made shadow petroglyphs... and posing and stuff ;) always doing cool things... haha






Tai Chi on the rocks - you are one with nature... release yourself into the earth... and your dreams into the sky.. uh etc. it was very cool seriously.

look how cute my mom is! all these pics from her phone by the way!



biking to a coffee shop in town



I think this is really cool, can you see the tree?? it was hard to take a picture on horseback.


Zion! Was really cool, we saw big horn sheep on our second trail, very cool day.





spring break o8 !! haha Probowl in Hawaii was awesome, but those were my angsty years, and last year playing polo and skeet shooting in the Dominican and being with my friends was awesome, but this was, like I said probably the best yet! Thanks mommyo.

1 comment:

JuliannaMargaret said...

Hey emily! This trip looks like a lot of fun! We should go hiking together sometime when i get back to the US!