Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Egypt where I hardly turned my camera off








This is one of many pictures I took at the Temple of Karnath, a huge amazing temple, this giant room houses 134 columns and was built from 1313-1258 bc. Wwhhhoaaa. :) they were, really cool. it’s hard to tell but look at the scale here! Those are some big columns.
The last three are at the temple of Luxor, which 3,000 years ago connected to the temple of Karnath by a road covered with those lions (much like Dad made out of snow in our back yard one winter :) that’s practically all I thought about there haha) that they are currently trying to excavate and restore, which would be AWESOME, they are not close together these two temples. So the first is the front of the temple of Luxor, there were two obelisks – one is in a museum somewhere. Again this whole place is HUGE, and really cool, so there I am resting :) and very dirty :) though now that I look at it not with the best possible background, but with a setting sun and that’s sweet, and I had a sweet view, so.







This is a picture of the Nile in Cairo and the Nile in Luxor, much more modern in Cairo, as you can see. But how amazing! Think of all the life and wonderful and different things that the Nile has created! How exciting. There’s a not very good picture of me Vana White’esq but it’s funny, standing in front of the pyramids, har har, in my new not camel tshirt. And the last is me trying to capture the airport in the middle of the desert as I got on my flight from Luxor to Cairo.

I took a few really cool pictures at the Cairo Egypt Museum on my iphone, so next time I update that I’m going to show you all those pictures because they were like unbelievable, if you see what’s left outside just imagine everything there used to be! And a ton of it is stacked all over the place in the museum. And it was really amazing in there and I got a few very cool pictures.

No comments: