Tuesday, November 6, 2007

not working well...





Here’s me lost in the middle of the desert mountains on the Sinai Peninsula… okay I liked pictures that showed you how in the middle of no where I was… there are two more to come. Haha. here is me right next to a camel that kept kissing me, well I mean a not camel, we rode the not camels to a Bedouin (forgive me spelling errors in the Egypt entry written in Egypt) village and there’s a guy cooking some bread and we all sat under a tent on pillows and drank really great tea.







This is the national park, the magic lake is the first picture there, that we went into all holding hands together. And here is a picture of the red sea, where we did the snorkeling, amazing coral and amazing fish! And really calm water, it was really amazing and made Sharm el Sheikh totally worth it.
Here are my two I’m sun tanning in the middle of the desert hilarious pictures and while I was taking it some girl walking to our bus goes “what a weird idea for a picture” soo… that bugged me but… are they not hilarious?? They’re hilarious. Haha I especially like the 2nd one because it looks like I was searching for a pool or something and am giving up.








Here is just a small portion of Luxor pictures, what going down into the tombs looked like, king Tut’s tomb – both of these in the Vally of the Kings. The second two are Deir el-Bahri, the temple of Queen Hatshepsut. I loved walking around the pillars in the 4th picture, it was insane how cool it was. I definitely felt like I was in a movie as I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that temple in movies. The last picture is some Egyptian houses/buildings we walked past. Very cool :)






Here’s a temple we went into at the Valley of the Workmen, I thought it was amazing! There were a lot of really cool pictographs in there and it seemed like they hadn’t been restored much but were still really well preserved and we were in there all by ourselves with this guy and it was really really real. These second two are Medinet Habu, with the Temple of Ramses III. It was SO big, and there was SO much detail EVERYWHERE, which became the trend for the last two temples of the day as well, so honestly pictures of one little room or giant statue can’t even begin to show the vastness of everything. The first picture is a part of a wall, the second is the back of the compound area, all the pillars were sliced in half or something, all destroyed but very cleanly.

No comments: