Thursday, November 15, 2007

Istanbul pictures

Here is the fortress on the top of our little town that we hiked up to, some homes on the water, me on top of the world on Asia with Europe behind me, me in a hole in the fortress! And a pretty view from the top.








Here is what they drink their tea in, so here is my tea, here is a grape tree, here is us back on the ferry, this is a very famous bridge connecting the two contents, and here are two pictures of me being a pimp..








Here are pictures inside the Cistern! It felt and looked a lot like and pretty much was Bowsers’ castle and so there we are Mario Cart racing. Also two of this pillars had giant medusa head on the bottom, which was really cool, so there I am posing with her, and I thought it was really funny that there were just signs like “this way to Medusa” so there I am posing with a sign at with my most valuable resource, water! Very important to all things.










Here is some popcorn fresh popped on the street for us to eat, and here is proof that it was eaten.

Here we are at the archeology museum! I took pictures of Jess being mobbed, here is a picture of me with my googliest eyes I good muster up to match that guys. Here’s me pretending to be dead, there are skeletons behind those faces. Here I am with a stupid cat that tried to drink my drink that I was enjoying while hanging out on the steps. Here I am standing in the museum against what used to be a very old wall somewhere but now there are just pieces of it. Haha I think it’s a funny picture.
















Here is the entrance to the Grand Bazaar! Excting. Here I am looking pensive outside of the … Sulejmon Mosque, here is the view! Whew!







Here we are on our hike, through the beautiful rolling meadows and there is our dog, Champion! Here is a sheep herder! And I didn’t have a picture of the precipice that we climbed from the bottom but here it is down from the top. See the people? And the waterfall in the corner? Yikes! I’ll get a good one.






And last, but certainly not least, here is miniaturk, me Godzillaing the bridge, me torturing villagers, and crushing ampatheaters. : )

1 comment:

xxxxx said...

hahahahhaa omg miniaturk is even better than how it sounded like it would be on the phone. that looks awesome. i miss you can't wait to see you in about a month!! xoxo